Slap Happy is one of Vancouver's fastest growing animation studios and bolsters an exceptional portfolio, having worked with, and currently working with some of the world's leading development partners; Netflix, Warner Bros, Corus Entertainment, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and more.
We're currently looking for Animation Revisionists to join our team on an exciting new series based on a beloved children’s book series.
- Revising animation on a 2D Adobe Animate series to the specifications of Series Director and Animation Directors
- Collaborating with Series Director, Animation Directors, and the animation revision team to ensure that the quality of animation is up to studio and client standards
- Experienced in animating and/or revising 2D animation in Adobe Animate
- An eager Animation Revisionist looking to assist in creating world class animation
- Passionate about 2D Classic animation, and have the ability to translate traditional animation principles into 2D digital animation
- Someone who enjoys both the creative and technical side of 2D Animation
- An effective and professional communicator, who can work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to work within a fast paced series production schedule and adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented, technically inclined and solution-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Residing within Canada, and are either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a current working Visa
- A strong eye for appealing, funny, and cartoony animation with a keen eye for design details, proportions and composition
- Excellent work ethic, communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong time-management skills to meet assigned deadlines and expectations
- Previous experience as an Animator and/or Animation Revisionist on a 2D series or feature
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Animate
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects a plus
Slap Happy Cartoons celebrates diversity and is committed to fostering an inclusive culture. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.