Slap Happy Cartoons is one of Vancouver's fastest growing animation studios and bolsters an exceptional portfolio, having worked with, and currently working with some of the world's leading development partners; Netflix, Warner Bros, Corus Entertainment, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and more. Slap Happy prides itself on a fun and casual environment, that values creative input from the entire team and supports growth from within.
We are currently looking for Layout Artists to join our amazing team!
- Creates layout drawings based on the storyboard panels, maintaining the show’s look and feel
- Accurately interprets the perspective and composition laid out in the storyboard
- Ensures the layouts accurately follow the approved location designs
- Supports the team with fixes when necessary
- Finalizes and cleans up designs using Adobe Animate (Flash)
- Collaborates with the Layout Supervisor in regard to weekly or biweekly assignments
- Follows the proper naming conventions established by the production pipeline
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada
- Proficient in Adobe Animate
- An experienced Layout Artist who has worked on 2D animated productions
- Able to adapt to the design style and interpret concept designs into the desired layout
- Highly skilled using Adobe Animate and the ability to troubleshoot software challenges
- Attuned to noticing fine details
Slap Happy is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.