Slap Happy Cartoons is one of Vancouver's fastest growing animation studios and bolsters an exceptional portfolio, having worked with, and currently working with some of the world's leading development partners; Netflix, Warner Bros, Corus Entertainment, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and more. Slap Happy prides itself on a fun and casual environment, that values creative input from the entire team and supports growth from within.
We're currently looking for a Location Designer to join us to work on an exciting new 2D production based on a beloved children's book series!
- Working with the Director and Production team, analyze and breakdown scripts to then interpret the location descriptions into all required drawings
- Creates location designs that are consistent with the established look and style of the series
- Adheres to the production guidelines regarding file size and proper layering
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada (bonus if you currently live in BC)
- Experienced and proficient in creating 2D environments designs in Adobe Animate
- Someone who enjoys both the creative and technical side of 2D Design
- Able to work within a fast paced series production schedule and adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented, technically inclined and solution-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Open and adaptable to feedback
- A strong eye for design details
- The ability to adapt quickly to different drawing styles
- Strong understanding of perspective, composition and a sense of placement in 2D environments
- A strong work ethic, communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong time management skills to meet assigned deadlines and expectations
Slap Happy is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.