Slap Happy Cartoons is one of Vancouver's fastest growing animation studios and bolsters an exceptional portfolio, having worked with, and currently working with some of the world's leading development partners; Netflix, Warner Bros, Corus Entertainment, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and more. Slap Happy prides itself on a fun and casual environment, that values creative input from the entire team and supports growth from within.
We're currently looking for a Character & Prop Designer to join us to work on an exciting new 2D production based on a beloved children's book series!
- Working with the Director and Production team, analyze and breakdown scripts to then interpret the character and prop descriptions into drawings
- Creates designs that are consistent with the established look and style of the series
- Works with Director and Art Director to keep designs on model and on style, and implement Director notes to maintain quality and continuity of designs within the series
- Creates character and prop designs, turns, expression sheets, special poses, mouth charts, costumes, props and any other art that the production may require
- Completes all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada (bonus if you currently live in BC)
- An experienced and skilled designer of character and props
- Skilled at drawing and have a great understanding of anatomy and perspective
- Collaborative and work well within a team environment
- Open and adaptable to feedback
- A working knowledge of Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro or Adobe Animate (A Plus!)
- An ability to align with style and sensibility of the production
- A strong work ethic, communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong time management skills to meet assigned deadlines and expectations
Slap Happy is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.