Slap Happy is one of Vancouver's fastest growing animation studios and bolsters an exceptional portfolio, having worked with, and currently working with some of the world's leading development partners; Netflix, Warner Bros, Corus Entertainment, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and more.
We’re currently looking for skilled Animation Revisionists to revise animation on “Tom & Jerry on the Prairie” starting in mid-April 2021.
- Revising animation on a 2D Adobe Animate series to the specifications of Series Director and Animation Directors
- Collaborating with Series Director, Animation Directors, and the animation revision team to ensure that the quality of animation is up to studio and client standards
- Experienced in animating and/or revising 2D animation in Adobe Animate
- An eager Animation Revisionist looking to assist in creating world class animation for a Classic IP
- Passionate about 2D Classic animation, and have the ability to translate traditional animation principles into 2D digital animation
- Someone who enjoys both the creative and technical side of 2D Animation
- An effective and professional communicator, who can work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to work within a fast paced series production schedule and adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented, technically inclined and solution-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- A strong eye for appealing, funny, and cartoony animation with a keen eye for design details and composition
- Excellent work ethic, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong time-management skills to meet assigned deadlines and expectations
- Previous experience as an Animator and/or Animation Revisionist on a 2D series or feature
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Animate
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop a plus
Slap Happy Cartoons celebrates diversity and is committed to fostering an inclusive culture. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Note: Due to Covid most of our team is currently working remotely. There is flexibility for this position to work from home, or in studio with strict distancing protocols and safety measures in place.