Slap Happy is one of Vancouver's fastest growing animation studios and bolsters an exceptional portfolio, having worked with, and currently working with some of the world's leading development partners; Netflix, Warner Bros, Corus Entertainment, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and more.
We’re currently looking for a BG Layout and Colour Artist to create episodic BG Layouts on “Tom & Jerry in New York”.
- Creating multiple new background layouts each week starting from rough lines and then taking them to full color using the location keys as your reference guide
- Following the direction of BG Layout Supervisor to ensure all layouts are on style and meet the established quality of the series
- Experienced in creating BG Layouts in Adobe Photoshop
- An eager BG Layout Artist looking to assist in creating world class animation for a Classic IP
- Someone who enjoys both the creative and technical side of 2D Animation
- An effective and professional communicator, who can work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to work within a fast paced series production schedule and adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented, technically inclined and solution-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- A good understanding of perspective, volume and lighting.
- A strong eye for design details and composition, and understand the technical structure of this role to ease the pipeline pressure at Key Posing/Animation stage
- A strong work ethic, communication skills, and are a good team player
- Strong time-management skills to meet assigned deadlines and expectations
- Previous experience as a BG Layout & Colour Artist on a 2D series or feature
- Proficiency in both Adobe Photoshop and Animate