Slap Happy is one of Vancouver's fastest growing animation studios and bolsters an exceptional portfolio, having worked with, and currently working with some of the world's leading development partners; Netflix, Warner Bros, Corus Entertainment, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and more.
We’re currently looking for an Animation Director to direct episodic animation on “Tom & Jerry in New York”.
- Overseeing episodic animation from overseas studios, and providing creative vision and direction on the production of a 2D animated TV series.
- Collaborating with Series Director to ensure that the quality of animation is up to studio and client standards
- Reviewing episodic animation with Series Director in the rough cuts
- Communicating required revisions clearly to overseas studios and in-house animation revision team
- Coaching and mentoring a talented and diverse crew of overseas and in-house artists to bring out the best of their abilities
Experienced in supervising or directing 2D animation in Adobe Animate
- An eager Animation Director looking to assist in creating world class animation for a Classic IP
- Passionate about 2D Classic animation, and have the ability to translate traditional animation principles into 2D digital animation
Someone who enjoys both the creative and technical side of 2D Animation
- An effective and professional communicator, and have the ability to assess the artists talent and skill sets in order to achieve the needs of the production
- Able to work within a fast paced series production schedule and adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented, technically inclined and solution-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- A strong eye for appealing, funny, and cartoony animation with previous experience leading a team of animators
A keen eye for design details and composition, and can clearly communicate your artistic vision to the artists to ease the pipeline pressure at Animation stage
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Strong time-management skills to meet assigned deadlines and expectations
- Previous experience as an Animation Supervisor or Animation Director on a 2D series or feature
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Animate
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop a plus